The Northwest Suburban Council of Genealogists (NWSCG) has posted their programs for the upcoming 2010-2011 “genealogy” year.
Here is a month by month summary of the programs they will be having during this time period:
- September 21, 2010 – Family History Research in Illinois and Wisconsin – Maureen E. Brady
- October 19, 2010 – Data From a Stone: Cemetery Research – Craig Pfannkuche
- November 16, 2010 – He Took Her Name: Understanding German Farm Names– Teresa Steinkamp McMillin
- January 18, 2011 – GenSmarts – R. Aaron Underwood
- February 15, 2011 – Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places – Ginger Frere
- March 15, 2011 – Military Service Records– Kathryn Barrett
- April 19, 2011 – Hunting Henry: A Case Study Using Collaterals– Teresa Steinkamp McMillin
- May 17, 2011 – Uff Da! Researching Norwegian Roots– Caron Brennan
There is no program scheduled during the month of December 2010.
Please be sure to visit the web site of the society directly at www.nwscg.com to see biographical information about the speakers for each of the above programs as well as information for the location for the programs. Also visit the site above to just see what great information you can garner from the site about all things related to the society itself.
Mark your calendars for all of the above exciting topics the society will be presenting during 2010-2011.
This is the time of the year when many of the societies re-activate themselves after the summer “hiatus”. This society is one of those that was “dormant” during June, July and August.
They sure look like they have a great series of programs on tap for 2010-2011, all of which can help us learn a little bit more on how we can improve our own research skills.
Check out the society web page at www.nwscg.com and mark your calendars!
Schaumburg Township District Library