I have noticed that the Northwest Suburban Council of Genealogists (NWSCG) has finalized many more of their upcoming programs for the 2011 – 2012 “genealogy season” of programs they offer.
I have previously posted information about the society and their Change of Day, Change of Time and Change of Location they have implemented for their programs.
They will no longer be meeting at the Forest View Educational Center on the 3rd Tuesday evening at 7:30 PM during the months of September to May in Arlington Heights.
Instead the society will be meeting at the Arlington Heights Senior Center on the first Saturday of each month during the months of September through May starting at 10:00 AM. There will be a small interactive session of those seeking help at 9:30 AM prior to the program. The Senior Center is located at 1801 W. Central Road in Arlington Heights, IL
You can always visit the society website directly to find out news, events and activities of the society and all other good things they have at their website. You can visit them at:
The following are now the programs the society has indicated will occur for the 2011 – 2012 “genealogy season”.
- October 1, 2011 – World War II and Women, Too – Kathryn Barrett
- November 5, 2011 – Polished Gems: Property Records, Cook County, Illinois – Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG(sm),
- January 7, 2012 – Organizing and Writing Your Family History – Steve Szabados
- February 4, 2012 – Investigating Resources at ChicagoAncestors.org- Sandra Trapp
- March 3, 2012 – TBD
- April 7, 2012 – Searching for Great Grandpa – Find Your Union Soldier – Jerry Allen
- May 5, 2012 – TBD
Mark your calendars to participate in the programs of the society on their new meeting day, meeting time and meeting location!
I will fill you in when the society fills out the two programs indicated as “To Be Determined”.
Plan to attend programs of interest with the society now. Mark your calendar!
Schaumburg Township District Library