They will be going to the famous Newberry Library in downtown Chicago on Friday, October 11, 2013. Events for the day at the library will be starting at 9 AM.
Registration is required. Registration has already opened as of June 15, 2013. I did take a look at their website and they note that 15 individuals have already registered and that there are 12 more registration slots available. You can visit the CAGGNI website directly at www.caggni.org and head over to their “CAGGNI Meetings” link on the left side. Scroll down to the October 11, 2013 entry for this program where you can actually register yourself if interested to participate.
The cost to participate will be $10 for members of the group and $15 for non-members of the group.
Here after the separator line is the text of their message that I received from them describing events of the day in Italics:
Upcoming event information:
SPECIAL EVENT: 2013 Road Trip – Newberry Library Newberry Library, Chicago, Illinois
Date: 11 Oct 2013 9:00 AM
Back by popular demand, CAGGNI returns to the Newberry Library on Friday, October 11, 2013
- A 45-minute orientation followed by a short tour of the library will be provided by the Curator of Genealogy and Local History at Newberry. Information on the history of the library, research procedures and genealogy resources will be included. Orientation and tour are limited to 25 attendees. Participants not attending the orientation can begin their research at 9:00 a.m.
- Reader’s Card issuance. The card is required and can be obtained at the library on the day of the event. This card will allow you to use all the facilities of the library for a period of one year.
- Assistance from the Curator and a reference librarian will be available to all members to assist in getting started with your individual research.
- Lunch on your own – A list of local restaurants is available at the Security desk. If you wish to bring your lunch, Room 101, just off the vending machines area, has been reserved for us from Noon to 2:00 p.m. Snack and drink vending machines are also available.
- Access to the new Civil War Exhibit, co-sponsored with the Terra Museum, in the first floor exhibition hall.
- Optional dinner at Frankie’s Scaloppine – 900 N Michigan Building, Chicago, two blocks from the library.
Registration will open on June 15.
$10.00 for members, $15.00 for non-members.
I believe the CAGGNI group had a successful “road trip” to the Newberry Library previously that warranted this “encore” trip back to the Newberry Library.
Mark your calendars for this upcoming event on October 11, 2013. If you have never been to the Newberry Library, perhaps this is your opportunity to visit whether you are a member of CAGGNI or not. Be with a group of fellow researchers rather than going it solo.
It is never too early to make plans for what sounds like a great trip this Fall!
Schaumburg Township District Library