You can always visit the society website directly to find out news, events and activities of the society and all other good things they have at their website. You can visit them at:
The following are now the programs the society has indicated will occur for the 2013 – 2014 “genealogy season”. Meetings are held at:
Arlington Heights Senior Center
1801 W. Central Road
Arlington Heights, IL
Program starts at 10:00 AM.
There are informal discussions, help and Q & A offered prior to the program from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
Here are the society’s programs for 2013 – 2014:
- September 7, 2013 – “Dating Photographs Through Clothing” – Elizabeth “Ellie” Carlson
- October 5, 2013 – “Oh Where, Oh Where Are My Ancestors From?” – Teresa Steinkamp McMillin
- November 2, 2013 – “The Curious Case of the Disappearing Dude” – Debra Mieszala, CG
- January 4, 2014 – “Space-Time for Family Historians: Timewarps and Curved Space Aren’t Just For Physicists” – Dr. Daniel Hubbard
- February 1, 2014 – “From Land Records To Google Earth: Mapping Your Family’s Place” – Jane Haldeman
- March 1, 2014 – “French Genealogy Is Easy – Merci, Napoleon!” – Jacquie Schattner
- April 5, 2014 – “Preserving Your Family History Materials” – Laura Cosgrove Lorenzana
- May 3, 2014 – “Have You Ever Thought About Joining A Lineage Society?” – Joan E. Murray
For further information about the program contents and speaker biographies just visit the society’s “Meetings” link at:
Mark your calendars for those programs of interest to you and plan on attending.
It certainly looks like there is great variety in the topics being offered. Surely, you will find a topic of interest for you.
If you are unaware of this local genealogy society, attending a program would be a great way to become familiar with the society and its members. Consider joining the society and reap all that membership can provide to you!
Schaumburg Township District Library