The conference is titled “GeneaQuest 2016: Genealogy Detectives: Investigating Photos, DNA and Databases for Evidence”.
The conference will take place on Saturday, June 18, 2016 at the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Conference Center at 1061 American Lane in Schaumburg, IL between 8 AM and 4 PM.
Featured speakers for the day will be:
- Maureen Taylor (On Photos)
- Diahan Southard (On DNA)
- Juliana Szucs (On Ancestry.com)
- Maureen Brady (On FamilySearch.org)
Here is a link to the CAGGNI website that can provide you with all the information regarding the conference:
All the details about the conference programs, discounts, registration, speakers, location, exhibitors and door prizes can be found within the above link.
So mark your calendar for this upcoming event being held by a great local genealogical society.
During the all-day conference, CAGGNI is even having an informal “GeneaUs” Bar lasting 30 minutes in-between conference segments during which you can have conversations with expert researchers on the following topics:
- Legacy Family Tree Software (12:20-12:50, 2:00-2:30)
- Reunion Software (10:00-10:30, 12:20-12:50)
- RootsMagic Software (12:20-12:50, 2:00-2:30)
- ChicagoAncestors.org (10:00-10:30, 12:20-12:50)
- FindMyPast.com (12:20-12:50, 2:00-2:30)
- Newspapers.com (10:00-10-30, 12:20-12:50)
Congratulations to the CAGGNI group!
This organization is really clicking on all cylinders!
If you have never attended a local, all-day genealogy conference, this is certainly one to consider. Not only do you see great topics given by great speakers, but you can fill the time in-between program segments by sitting down with experts present at the “GeneaUs” Bar on the variety of topics noted above. Non-stop genealogy all day!
Best wishes for a truly great all-day local genealogy conference!
Schaumburg Township district Library