Previously, when the show was on NBC, they dedicated a portion of their website to the show so that you could always get updates on the show. TLC appears to be doing the same for this show as it unfolds during this season. You can find the information for the show on TLC at:
Eight of the “stars” have been identified for this season. Here are the eight “stars” identified so far from a February 15, 2017 Dick Eastman Online Newsletter blog post (New Season Coming Up For “Who Do You Think You Are?”) that will appear on the show during the run for the season on TLC. The order is alphabetical and does not represent the order of the shows as they appear to the best of my knowledge:
- Jessica Biel makes surprising discoveries that change what she thought knew about her heritage.
- Julie Bowen uncovers the story of two relatives whose moral codes are from opposite ends of the spectrum.
- Courtney Cox traces her maternal line back seven centuries to the Medieval times to discover royalty in her lineage and an unbelievable tale of family drama.
- Jennifer Grey uncovers new information about the grandfather she thought she knew, learning how he survived adversity to become a beacon of his community.
- Smokey Robinson searches for answers behind the mystery of why his grandfather disappeared from his children’s lives and finds a man tangled in a swirl of controversy.
- John Stamos digs into the mystery of how his grandfather became an orphan, and learns of tensions between families that led to a horrible crime.
- Liv Tyler learns that her family is tied into the complicated racial narrative of America.
- Noah Wyle unravels the mystery of his maternal line, uncovering an ancestor who survived one of America’s bloodiest battles.
According to the TLC website for the show, the premiere episode for this new season will feature Courtney Cox.
Make sure you mark down the date and time and plan to watch this season’s new shows in their original airing rather than at a later time if you can. (Ratings are important for continuity of this wonderful show!) Last year if you did not watch the original airing or did not DVR the show, your alternative was to purchase a copy from iTunes to catch up on shows missed and not recorded by yourself. Your cable provider may make these shows available as “ON-Demand” for viewing when you want to.
You can view previous episodes of this show for previous seasons directly at the TLC website when you supply your cable TV account number and sign in with your password. So you do have alternative viewing options if you miss the original airing.
Now is the time to get the buzz going and to reconnect with some TV help and entertainment to motivate you in your own genealogical research efforts.
Mark your calendar for Sunday evening, March 5, 2017 at 9 PM Central Time on TLC on cable for the premiere episode of this season’s “Who Do You Think You Are?” featuring Courtney Cox.
Schaumburg Township District Library