The group has plans to make a “road trip” to the Allen County Public Library from June 16, 2017 to June 17, 2017.
Non-members of the group are invited to participate for a small fee.
Here are the details of the trip as provided to me from CAGGNI:
Join CAGGNI on a Road Trip to the
Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, IN
The events include:
- Two days of research, June 16-17, Friday-Saturday
- Check-in Thursday evening, June 15
- Registration fee: $10 members / $15 guests
- Library orientation tour by the ACPL staff Friday morning
- ACPL librarians available to assist researchers
- Group rate of $136 ($119 plus tax) per night at the Hilton Fort Wayne for June 15 and 16 (details below) if booked by May 19.
**CAGGNI is hosting a pre-trip workshop on Saturday, April 22, at the Schaumburg Township Library. Open to all!**
CAGGNI is also facilitating a dinner Friday, June 16, at Don Hall’s Old Gas House, 305 E. Superior St., Fort Wayne, a 15-minute walk from the Library. Attendees are responsible for the cost of their own meal, drinks and tip.
All trip participants are responsible for:
- Making travel arrangements to Fort Wayne
- Paying for meals, transportation, etc.
- Making and paying for hotel arrangements
- Incidentals such as photocopies
- CAGGNI will assist in room-share and car pool arrangements.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book at the Hilton Fort Wayne, call 260-420-1100 and mention the group name “CAGGNI,” or book online here. Note that special rates are not available after May 19.
For more information and online registration: SPECIAL EVENT: 2017 Road Trip – Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, IN
Please note that transportation and all costs are your responsibility should you want to participate. Non-members are welcome to participate for a $15 fee.
Take a look at the CAGGNI website for information about the group and the CAGGNI Registration Page for this special Road Trip to the Wisconsin Historical Society. Visit the registration page at:
Browse around the rest of their website if you are not familiar with them and their activities. CAGGNI is a very vibrant genealogy group that offers many diverse programs for its members and those who would like to become members.
Schaumburg Township District Library