Debra Dudek, a previous genealogy speaker at our own past April 12, 2016 genealogy program and librarian at the Fountaindale Public Library, has made me aware that there was a wonderful 2-day Irish Genealogy Webinar that was put together by the Fountaindale Public Library of Bolingbrook and the Ulster Historical Foundation.
The program occurred on March 15, 2017 and March 16, 2017. There was a series of 11 Irish Genealogy Programs presented by members of the Ulster Historical Foundation at the Fountaindale Library over the two days. The 11 programs were recorded and were initially live streamed on the day of the presentation. The 11 recorded programs are available for viewing BUT ONLY UNTIL JUNE 15-16, 2017.
The 11 recorded programs provide about 10 hours of video viewing.
Just as important is the fact that a full set of downloadable handouts from these 10 programs is also available for you to access up until June 15-16, 2017. You can access these handouts here:
Downloadable Handouts for Two-Day Irish Genealogy Workshop 2017
ulster-historical-foundation-historical_timeline (Available In Person At Workshop)
timeline-for-the-plantation-of-ulster (Available In Person At Workshop)
Here are the titles of these 11 programs:
- March 15, 2017 Session 1 – (2 programs) Introduction to Irish and Scots-Irish Family History Research, Irish Education and School Records
- March 15, 2017 Session 2 – Gravestone Inscriptions and Newspapers as Sources for Irish Research
- March 15, 2017 Session 3 – (2 programs) Sources Available for Irish Research by County, Introduction to Archives in Ireland
- March 15, 2017 Session 4 – Using the Registry of Deeds and a Short Introduction to Irish Wills
- March 16, 2017 Session 1 – The Great Famine in Ireland, 1845-51: A Brief Historical Overview
- March 16, 2017 Session 2 – (2 programs) Emigration from Ireland to North America: An Overview, The Great Famine in Ireland: Sources for Research, Part 1
- March 16, 2017 Session 3 (2 programs) The Great Famine in Ireland: Sources for Research, Part 2, Emigration from Ireland to North America: Strategies for Researching Emigrant Ancestors
You can connect to all these programs via the Fountaindale Public Library Genealogy Blog at:
If you have Irish ancestors here is a chance within a short timeframe to view these presentations from members of the Ulster Historical Foundation. Remember, they are only available for viewing until June 15-16, 2017.
Enjoy the videos while they last!
Schaumburg Township District Library